The Pittmann-Puckett Art Gallery is an exhibition and performance space intended for the presentation of work by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender artists. Available to established and emerging artists, especially those whose work speaks to or about the LGBT community, the Pittmann-Puckett Art Gallery is a space for artists to exhibit and sell their work, for presenting benefit exhibits, lectures, workshops, meditation sessions, and as a comfortable meeting place.
CALL FOR ENTRY
Artists should submit work for consideration for the LGBT Older Adult Exhibition, held in the Pittmann-Puckett Gallery. Entries are due, delivered or postmarked by March 8, 2013. Opening Reception on Thursday, March 14, 2013, this show will feature a wide array of work by area artists. The Pittman-Puckett Curatorial Committee will select works for the exhibition through March 11th, 2013.
- Artists may submit multiple entries for selection.
- Entries will be selected by digital images in JPEG or TIF format submitted on a disc or email preferred.
- One image for each 2-dimensional artwork and up to three images for each 3-dimensional artwork may be submitted.
- All images must be of professional quality.
- Entry form and disc mailed or delivered to Curatorial Committee, Pittmann-Puckett Gallery, 290 W. Nine Mile Rd., Ferndale, Michigan 48207 or email to Program Coordinator Megh Hollowell via MHollowell@GoAffirmations.org. Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD. JPEG format files are preferred.
- Keep files to a maximum size of 1.5MB, and 300 dpi.Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows: Name_art title_entry letter (A-B).jpeg
- Include a reference sheet with thumbnails of images, dimensions, medium and retail price of each submission.
- Label the CD with the artist’s name and email address.Presentation
- Artwork must be prepared in a professional manner for installation.
- The backs of 2-dimensional artwork should have the artwork label completed and firmly attached.
March 5, 2013
Postmark deadline for exhibition entries
March 8, 2013
Selected artist and works invited to participate in exhibition.
March 12, 2013
Accepted artwork due. Deliver to Affirmations between 11AM - 9PM
March 14, 2013
Exhibition Opening and Artist Reception 6:30PM-9PM
May 9, 2013
Exhibition closes - final day
May 10-13, 2012
Pick-up unsold exhibited artwork
This all-media exhibition is open to all Michigan and Ontario residents 18 and older. Artists may submit multiple entries in any media created within the last two years. Works submitted must not have been previously shown in the Pittmann-Puckett Gallery. All work submitted must be available for sale.
Delivery and Pick-Up
Works may be hand delivered or shipped. If shipping, the artist is responsible for complying with all regulations pertaining to works of art. Artists must make arrangements for return shipping and cover all expenses. All works must be delivered and picked up on the dates specified in the calendar.
Every precaution will be taken to assure protection of the work; however Affirmations is not responsible for loss or damage.
Affirmations retains a 25% commission for staffing, processing and making sales. Michigan sales tax is collected and submitted. Payments to artists will be no later than 30 days after the closing of the exhibition.
Submitting an entry to this exhibition shall constitute the agreement with all conditions in this prospectus. Affirmations reserves the right to reproduce accepted entries for publicity purposes.
The Pittmann-Puckett Art Gallery was named in memory of two of Affirmations' founding members and strongest supporters, Susan Pittmann and Christine Puckett. The couple was killed in their home by a neighbor in 1992. For more information about their story, visit the Pittmann-Puckett Documentary website.
No wall posts to display...